[ Return to Articles | Show Comments | Submit Comment ]
Article #1630: FLTK 1.3.5 Release Candidate 1 released on Feb 11, 2019
Created at 06:22 Feb 11, 2019 by AlbrechtS
Last modified at 04:27 Feb 17, 2019
Even though FLTK 1.3.5 does not fix all STRs we decided to release
FLTK 1.3.5 as it contains many new features, bug fixes, and adaptations
to new compiler releases.
One very important enhancement is support of macOS 10.13 "High Sierra" and 10.14 "Mojave". Apple changed internal draw functions in a way that older FLTK versions wouldn't work anymore out of the box with the latest macOS and developer files (SDK).
This release does not contain new "ABI features". The ABI (Application Binary Interface) is 100% compatible with releases 1.3.4, 1.3.4-1, and 1.3.4-2.
The new release 1.3.5 (source and documentation) can be downloaded here:
Changes in FLTK 1.3.5rc1
Released: Feb 11, 2019
New features and enhancements (highlights)
- Add support for macOS 10.13 "High Sierra" and 10.14 "Mojave".
- Add FL/platform.H for compatibility with FLTK 1.4 and higher.
- Improve OpenGL(3+) support.
- Improve Cairo support and (CMake) Cairo detection.
- Improve desktop scaling support for HiDPI screens.
Note: FLTK application scaling is available in FLTK 1.4.0.
Bug fixes and other improvements
- Fix for STR 3473 (and its duplicate STR 3507) to restore configure-based
builds on recent Linux/Unix distributions where the freetype-config
command has been replaced by pkg-config.
- Fix Fl_Tree::insert() with pos out ouf range (issue #18).
- Fix Fl_GIF_Image Color Table handling (STR 3491).
- Make sure not to access Fl_Menu_ widgets if the widget gets
deleted while the menu (pulldown) is open (STR 3503).
- Fix CMake build (fluid) on case sensitive macOS file systems.
- Windows/OpenGL: improve pixel format detection (STR 3119).
- Add support for macOS 10.14 "Mojave": all drawing to windows is done
through "layer-backed views" when the app is linked to SDK 10.14.
- MacOS platform: fix regression in macOS 10.13 where an unbundled app
had its system menu bar unresponsive.
- MacOS 10.10 platform: Fl_Window::fullscreen() and fullscreen_off()
no longer call Fl_Window::hide() + Fl_Window::show().
The new procedure essentially resizes the window, as done on
the X11+EWMH and Windows platforms. This improves in particular
the possibility to turn an Fl_Gl_Window fullscreen on and off.
- MacOS platform: Support \r\n as end of line used by recent
MS Office apps in clipboard.
- Fix Fl_Text_Editor overstrike mode (STR 3463).
- More consistent and optimized "gleam" scheme box drawing.
- Fix a MinGW build error with new MinGW versions as of Feb 2018
(undefined S_OK and __FD_ISSET), see STR 3454.
- Windows/CMake: Add missing definition of WIN32 for Windows builds.
This seems to be necessary for VS2017 and other compilers that
don't #define WIN32, but FLTK relies on this preprocessor macro.
Autoconf/configure and bundled IDE files #define WIN32 as well.
- Fix illegal memory access after free when closing fluid (valgrind
reports "Invalid read of size 4"), see also STR 3427.
- Fix crash when closing fluid with Fl_Table (STR 3427).
- Fix ignored buffer pre-allocation (requestedSize) in Fl_Text_Buffer.
See fltk.general "Fl_Text_Buffer constructor bug" on Dec 5, 2016.
- Fix Fl_Browser background and text color parsing (STR 3376).
- Fix Windows CreateDC/DeleteDC mismatch (STR 3373).
- Update bundled configure scripts config.guess and config.sub.
- Fix configure --enable-cairo --enable-cairoext,
see report in fltk.general:
- Fix macOS timer implementation (STR 3387).
- Fix drop-to-FLTK-widget under MSWindows when the desktop is
rescaled (STR 3390).
- Add support for macOS 10.13 "High Sierra". Subwindows don't
move correctly under 10.13 without this fix.
For more information on previous releases see CHANGES in the root directory of the source distribution or directly in our FLTK source repository on GitHub:
CHANGES (as of 1.3.5rc1).
[ Listing ]
[ Submit Comment ]