[ Return to Articles | Show Comments | Submit Comment ]
Article #962: SPTK 4.00
Created at 04:14 Dec 29, 2009 by parshin
After several months of testing, SPTK team proudly announces the release of SPTK 4.00. It's available for download from http://www.sptk.net. Several small bugs were fixed since last release candidate, mostly discovered when tested on different OSes.
The most important changes introduced in SPTK 4:
- Transparent support for FLTK versions 1.x and 2.x. Since FLTK 2.x has several important features, like UTF support, for instance, it may be interested for some projects.
- Support for encrypted (SSL and AES) sockets based on OpenSSL library.
- Added support for asynchronous IO based on libevent library. SPTK adds thread safety missed in early versions of libevent.
- Added Thread Manager that automatically destroys finished threads
- Added SafeQueue and SafeList classes implementing thread-safe queue and list correspondingly.
- Dynamically loaded database drivers (*nix only). Every database driver is implemented as a separate shared library, and only loaded when an attempt to use a particular driver is made.
Besides changes listed above, this release went through race conditions optimization.
[ Download | Home Page | Listing ]
[ Submit Comment ]